The Green Dragon Tavern - Boston, 1697. Coffee imports were sourced from the East Indies during this era. The Green Dragon Tavern was the most celebrated of coffee houses in Boston. It stood in the heart of the town from 1697 to 1832, providing newspapers and a kind of privacy for business dealings to its men-only clientele. Here they could gather to freely discuss the news of the day over coffee and tea. The basement tavern was used by several secret groups and became known by historians as the "Headquarters of the Revolution". The Sons of Liberty, Boston Committee of Correspondence and the Boston Caucus each met there. The Boston Tea Party was planned there and Paul Revere was sent from there to Lexington on his famous ride. In January 1788, a meeting of the mechanics and artisans of Boston passed a series of resolutions urging the importance of adopting the Federal Constitution pending at the time before a convention of delegates from around Massachusetts. The building was demolished in 1854.